We are Discovered, an online marketplace for handmade products ethically crafted by artisans in emerging countries. Our mission is to empower artisans in emerging markets to grow successful businesses. By stocking directly from artisans, we streamlined the traditional supply chain to enable a higher sustainable income to the cultures that produce the goods while also providing the best value to our customers.
We have an opportunity for a passionate person who is searching for a way to make a true social impact and grow a start-up into a global leader.
Discovered is growing fast and to boost our growth we are looking for a marketing manager with experience in managing a start-up or SME within e-commerce, preferably within the US market who has managed/been a top Facebook performance marketeer.
We have created the foundations for scaling our growth in the US and our online sales volumes are increasing but given our ambitious business plan, we need to accelerate our online marketing efforts to reach our ambitious but achievable targets and make the biggest impact on our artisans.
The role is focused on managing the company’s online marketing strategy and guiding the small team.
• Grow our sales through effective and large-scale advertisement on social media marketing channels with a specific focus on optimising Facebook and adding new sales channels
• Detail our online marketing strategy, channel, audience etc. and develop a high performing campaign plan (per week)
• Manage with the current marketing specialist to set up, continuously monitor and improve performance of campaigns
• A strong combination between being able to structure and drive performance, in addition to channelling creativity into content creation, campaigning, ads, creative vision for the company brand
• Together with the CEO, work on the allocation of operational budgets (into campaigns) and investments (into testing and improvement projects)
• Working with the SEO specialist to conduct keyword/interest research to improve targeting and content development
• Optimize our bidding strategy
• Drive actionable insights and distil recommendations
• Being able to work remote
• Excellent in English
• Experience managing
• Significant experience in Facebook performance marketing
• Strong focus on KPI and improving performance
• Business mindset, focus on sales and profitability
• Experience working within start ups
• Analytical and structured
• Attention to detail
• Highly motivated to quickly learn and pick up new skills
• Entrepreneur mindset
• Innovative and solution-focused
• Opportunity to work in a social impact start-up that is creating jobs and increasing incomes in developing countries and preserving ancient cultures and traditions that respect the uniqueness of people and their regions.
• A small team where every day is different, and you will not come into an organization where the structures are already set but you will take part in creating the structures
• Option of part-time or full time with flexible working hours
• Management role inspiring and guiding the small team consisting of a marketing manager, SEO expert and an intern
• Equity in the business based on milestones
• Competitive pay
• Joining a rapidly scaling company that is in the process of raising funding
• Starting date: in the next two months
• Location: Remote (with the team in Netherlands, Spain, India and Nepal)