Dwij Upcycled Backpack -Classic Denim
“Your bag is a result of our focus on making long lasting products”
A patched design is one of the most classic designs of upcycled work. Depending on the color combinations, patchwork can produce one of the most elegant designs. With the backpack, we have used this idea to handcraft a beautiful and unique looking backpack for your all-purpose use.
The material for this bag comes from at least 3-4 different pairs of post-consumer jeans, and post-industrial denim. The square shaped boxes originate from our zero waste practices i.e. this is the second smallest shape that can originate after the material for a few other designs have already been cut out from the jeans trouser. Once they are joined together, the rest of the backpack requires more skill to give shape, which is done by our experienced craftsmen. The bag contains 2 compartments and an inner separation too for a laptop. To take care of the hygiene requirements, all the material that enters our workshop is industrially washed in a rigorous manner. In addition, our production process also ensures that the bag looks fresh and equivalent to a virgin product.
As always, we believe that longevity of the bag is of utmost importance. The zippers are sourced from YKK, while the stitching has been calibrated for providing extra strength. Thus, be rest assured that the bag can carry more weight, and can last longer than you imagine!
Ideal usage: All-purpose bag for casual use, outdoor trip, travel, gym etc.
About your dwij bag:
· Each pair of jeans, consumes over 10,000 litres of water during growing cotton and during the manufacturing process, and also other resources including chemicals in abundance. Upcycling of this bag has resulted in indirect saving of all these resources.
· YKK zips and runners are used to ensure strength and longevity of your bag. In addition, each element has been carefully chosen to make your dwij Bag really long lasting.
· High hygiene and washing standards are maintained while giving old denim a fresh new look
· The bag has a laptop compartment; however, we recommend you to use your laptop in this compartment with a laptop sleeve
· Disclaimer: Every dwij Bag is unique! Thus, the bag delivered to you may have different shades of blue, however the pattern remains the same.
Maximum adjustable strap length: 32" / 81.28 cm
Two main compartments, a laptop compartment without foam and a bottle holder
Materials/Fabric: Post-consumer jeans, Post-industrial denim, post-industrial virgin inner lining, YKK Zippers & Sliders, Non-corrosive metal fittings, high quality straps
· Store your dwij bag in a dry place. Wipe it with a damp cloth for regular maintenance.
· Spills and stains must be cleaned immediately. Gentle hand wash using mild soap and cold water is recommended. Do not soak and air dry it in a shade.
· We recommend you to please avoid machine wash. However, in case you have no other option, please cover the metallic fittings with a small piece of cloth knotted around it to avoid scratches on the same.
· If the bag gets wet in rain or while cleaning, air dry it completely before using it to carry any papers/ tech gadget/ valuable accessory.
· A quick round of ironing can give it a brand-new appearance.
End of Life:
Once you feel the need to discard the bag due to any reason, we would be grateful if you could get in touch with us and ship it back to our workshop in India. We would ensure that all usable elements of the bag would be extracted, to give yet another life! And non-usable elements will be disposed of responsibly.
Our artisans process and ship orders from their country of origin (mostly India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia and Mexico). Orders shipping to the US, UK, EU take 2-3 weeks to arrive.
These times can differ based on order origin, destination and shipping provider.