Dwij Upcycled Shaded Frayed Tote, Bag
- Product Story
- Shipping & Returns
1. Product Description:
“Your bag is one of the best examples of upcycling and our efforts towards zero waste practices”
Achieving zero waste practices is the ultimate goal for an organization such as dwij that has its foundations on sustainability. Zero waste philosophy indicates that all the raw material that is sourced by dwij is used in some manner. And to remind that although organizations may strive, achieving 100% zero waste targets is not easy at all! It takes many months or maybe years of refining and fine tuning of internal processes in a sustainable, yet operationally and financially feasible manner.
This bag has been designed as a unique looking multipurpose tote that is certain to make you stand out in a crowd! The specialty lies in the zero-waste philosophy of the bag i.e. the frays actually originate from the borders of any post-industrial denim yarn cut outs. Although it may appear that the bag is made from leftovers, the amount of labor and craftsmanship involved in it adds the most value.
This bag takes an overall trapezoidal shape. The bag is secured using a zipper at the top while there are two pockets on the inside to store your essentials. The inner part of the bag gets its fresh look due to the presence of post-industrial lining material.
Owing to the process and design, it is virtually impossible to have two bags that are exactly the same!
To take care of the hygiene requirements, all the material that enters our workshop is industrially washed in a rigorous manner. In addition, our production process also ensures that the bag looks fresh and equivalent to a virgin product.
Ideal usage: Stylish tote for parties, and special occasions where you want your accessories to stand out in a crowd!
· Each pair of jeans, consumes over 10,000 liters of water during growing cotton and during the manufacturing process, and also other resources including chemicals in abundance. Upcycling of this bag has resulted in indirect saving of all these resources.
· YKK zips and runners are used to ensure strength and longevity of your bag. In addition, each element has been carefully chosen to make your Bag really long lasting.
· High hygiene and washing standards are maintained while giving old denim a fresh new look
· Disclaimer: Every dwij Bag is unique! Thus, the bag delivered to you may have different shades of blue, however the pattern remains the same. Please note that the frayed look might release stray threads. This is not a manufacturing defect.
Dimensions: At the top: 12" (L) X 13" (H)/ 30.48 cm (L) X 33 cm (H), at the bottom: 16" (L) X 13" (H)/ 46.4 cm (L) X 33 cm (H)
One zippered and one open pocket in the main zippered compartment
General Cleaning and maintenance:
· Store your dwij bag in a dry place. Wipe it with a damp cloth for regular maintenance.
· Spills and stains must be cleaned immediately. Gentle hand wash using mild soap and cold water is recommended. Do not soak and air dry it in a shade.
· If the bag gets wet in rain or while cleaning, air dry it completely before using it to carry any papers/ tech gadget/ valuable accessory.
· A quick round of ironing can give it a brand-new appearance.
End of Life:
Once you feel the need to discard the bag due to any reason, we would be grateful if you could get in touch with us and ship it back to our workshop in India. We would ensure that all usable elements of the bag would be extracted, to give yet another life! And non-usable elements will be disposed of responsibly.
Our artisans process and ship orders from their country of origin (mostly India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia and Mexico).
All items are unique and handmade by skilled craftsmen. They take 2-3 weeks to arrive.
These times can differ based on order origin, destination and shipping provider. You can easily track your package here.
We offer 60 day returns. View our returns policy here.