Start date: Anytime, 3-4 days a week for a period of at least 4 months.
You have a talent to work with people from various backgrounds and cultures. Discovered has both sellers as buyers as users. You want to offer them the best user experience possible with Discovered. You find and onboard artisans and partners to marketplace. You find them and work with them to open their stores on Discovered.
What you say to your friends on birthdays
‘I spread happiness all day. Seriously!’
What you really will be doing
- You make the user experience as good as it can be. You work with artisans and buyers to answer any questions that they might have.
- You onboard selected sellers and support them in creating their online stores on Discovered.
- Based are responsible for customer experience, you ask for feedback and suggest improvements to make sure we offer the best experience possible.
- Contribute to marketing / communication activities for our seller community.
How you are going to make this happen
- You are pro-active and can love engaging with people online.
- You are a problem solver and always find a way to exceed expectations.
- Your attitude is: I am sure we can make this even easier.
- You have coded webpages and know how to use online tools to make live easier. Ideally, you know enough HTML to create your own A/B landingpages and even a crawler script to grab product and price information from other websites.
- By being part of a start-up: you shape our and your future.
What your day looks like
We start with our daily huddle to update the team. You update on our latest customer satisfaction score. After this, you update any open questions and assign them to team members.
Together with the Online Marketing Specialist you review the seller activation campaigns we are running to make these more relevant. You have some ideas on how to improve the Seller registration flow. You create a new A/B test in Optimizely to test your assumptions.
You review the stores and products added in progress. You launch several new stores and notify the marketplace team so they can start talking about these new sellers.
Are we a perfect match?
You are pragmatic, results-oriented, creative, and flexible. People describe you as entrepreneurial, an independent worker and someone who takes responsibility for what you do.
- You have the passion to combine commercial insights with social issues.
- You have a strong ability to convince people and have negotiation and facilitation skills.
- You enjoy working in a small informal team.
- Ideally, you have travel or work experience and relevant contacts in the region you will be working for (Americas, Africa or Asia) and enjoy working with local artisans. You are culturally sensitive and know how to work with people online and long-distance.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
- Discovered is an online marketplace: you must have online experience, created your own website or worked on websites for others. You are also cool with tools. From Analytics to Optimizely.
- Being part of an expanding, international network of interesting and highly motivated people with a passion for social innovation and entrepreneurship.
- All the room for you own initiatives.
- The chance to develop practical skills that you do not learn in school and will come in handy for your future career; including master classes.
- Possibility to combine this with a graduation project.
- Free biological lunch.
- Access to our awesome social drinks and events.
If you have a passion to build something remarkable by doing what you love and are looking to make a positive impact for people worldwide, then let’s have a drink! Send your CV and motivation to email@example.com.