Lees hier de vacature in het Nederlands
Start date: As soon as possible
Period: 4-5 days a week for a period of at least 4 months
Location: The Hague - Caballero Fabriek
Closing date: [internship position closed]
You have a talent to work with people from various backgrounds and cultures. You find the best artisans, make them enthusiastic to be part of our community and to sell on our marketplace. You love to guide the new artisans with opening their own Discovered shops. In addition, you’re always open to help and advise all artisans. In other words, you’re responsible for maintaining contact with the artisans: listen to their needs, advocate their interest and keep them involved.
Meera – Intern Artisan Scout in 2017
“At Discovered, I got to explore different cultures by searching for beautiful products. My 4th month long internship felt like a time-lapse, everything moved at an remarkable speed! Discovered taught me how to be more exacting and opened my eyes to the incredible complexity of securing and maintaining relationships with hundreds of people from all over the world.”
What you'll be doing
- You’ll research and select the best artisans you can find.
- You’ll think of ways to reach potential artisans: online and offline (yes, we mean call and talk to them).
- You’ll guide the artisans to get started on the Discovered marketplace.
- You’ll chat with all Discovered artisans, answer their questions, ask what their needs are, etc.
- You’ll keep the artisans up-to-date on all latest developments of Discovered, so they know what we’re working on.
- You’ll think of improvements that can be made on the marketplace, to ensure Discovered is as easy to use for the artisans.
How you are going to make this happen?
- You love to reach out to people all over the world and make them happy.
- You love to work with people from different cultural backgrounds and try to understand their needs.
What your day looks like
You start your day with a coffee and a chat with the rest of team. After this, you open your mail to see which artisans mailed you for support of with new ideas. You think of improvements for the artisans on the website and discuss your ideas with the rest of the team. In the afternoon, you review the stores and products, so you know what kind of products are missing on the marketplace. You’ll keep this in mind with starting your artisan scout research: finding cool new artisans and contact them to ask them if they want to sell on Discovered. If they say yes, you guide them with opening their Discovered shop!
Are we a perfect match?
You are results-oriented, creative and flexible. People describe you as entrepreneurial, an independent worker and someone who takes responsibility for your projects. Also…
- You believe in our mission to ‘create change by doing business’.
- You enjoy working with local artisans! You are culturally sensitive and know how to work with people from other cultural backgrounds and long-distance.
- You have an eye for cool products that can be sold on Discovered.
- Ideally, you have travel or work experience and relevant contacts in the region you’ll be working for (Americas, Africa or Asia).
- You are fluent in spoken and written English (it’s a plus if you speak Spanish and/or French).
- It would be cool if you’ve some experience with HTML / CSS, else you’re willing to learn this.
- Discovered is the place to create positive impact with e-commerce. We think it doesn't get any cooler than that.
- We’re a start-up where you can shape your own future (and ours).
- We work with a small informal team and everyone is always open to help you when needed.
- All the room for you own initiatives.
- The chance to develop practical skills that you don't learn in school and will come in handy for your future career.
- Possibility to combine this with a graduation project.
- Compensation for travel expenses.
If you have a passion to build something remarkable by doing what you love and are looking to make a positive impact for people worldwide, then let’s have a drink! Send your CV and motivation before [internship position closed] to email@example.com.