Internship: Graphic Design
Start date: As soon as possible
Period: 4-5 days a week for a period of at least 4 months
Location: The Hague - Caballero Fabriek
Closing date: August 13, 2017
As a graphic design intern you have a talent to translate a great story into an awesome visuals. With your creativity and eye for detail you change lives by making amazing designs, both for online and offline. You are innovative in finding good pictures and other materials to work with and are open to ask the help of our artisans, customers or other people in our Discovered community. Thanks to you, discovered is unique in it’s appearance!
What you'll be doing
- You’ll create cool visuals to communicate with both our artisans and customers.
- You’ll create banners and other visuals for our website pages (like the home page, about us page, blog, etc.).
- You’ll create visual content for other online communication channels, like social media and the newsletter.
- You’ll create our offline visuals (like flyers or posters).
- You’ll create video content to make our marketplace even more fun to visit.
How you are going to make this happen?
- You translate the concepts into Discovered visuals.
- You follow the brand guide, but you’ll give your designs your unique personal touch.
What your day looks like
You start your day with a coffee and a chat with the rest of team. The holidays are coming up, so we need a new banner for the homepage. After a short brainstorm session you’ll check if we’ve any pictures in the database you can use. If you can’t find exactly what you want you’ll reach out to our artisans or find another creative solution to get the right materials. In the meantime our Social Media Inters asks if you can help with a cool visual for Facebook. Inspired by her idea for the post you start designing. When you’re done she will post it. Hope this post will lead to a lot of clicks!
Are we a perfect match?
You are results-oriented, creative and flexible. People describe you as entrepreneurial, an independent worker and someone who takes responsibility for your projects. Also…
- You believe in our mission to ‘create change by doing business’.
- You have enthusiasm for the design process and a creative mind.
- You are a master in taking the essence out of written text and translate this into easily understood graphics or videos.
- You like to work with local artisans to get materials – like pictures and video’s – to work with.
- You know how to work with tools lie Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Some HTML / CSS experience is a plus.
- Ideally, you have experience with the production and editing of videos.
- You can talk and write non-stop in English.
- Discovered is the place to create positive impact with e-commerce. We think it doesn't get any cooler than that.
- We’re a start-up where you can shape your own future (and ours).
- We work with a small informal team and everyone is always open to help you when needed.
- All the room for you own initiatives.
- The chance to develop practical skills that you don't learn in school and will come in handy for your future career.
- Possibility to combine this with a graduation project.
- Compensation for travel expenses.
If you have a passion to build something remarkable by doing what you love and are looking to make a positive impact for people worldwide, then let’s have a drink! Send your CV and motivation August 13, 2017 latest to email@example.com.