Internship: Marketplace Management & Content Creation
Start date: As soon as possible
Period: 4-5 days a week for a period of at least 4 months
Location: The Hague - Caballero Fabriek
Closing date: August 13, 2017
You have an eye for great products and a talent to make the marketplace look amazing. You spot the latest trends, select appropriate products and make sure the product content is top notch. In addition, you know how to tell our story and the story of our artisans. You like writing and find great visual content to strengthen your story. Overall, you know how a marketplace should look like and how you can make it as user-friendly as possible. To see if you’re approach works, you like analyzing data to find improvement areas!
What you'll be doing
- You’ll make it as easy and inspiring as possible for people to browse Discovered.
- You’ll analyze the website and our data and think of ways to make it more user-friendly.
- You’re able to implement some improvements yourself in HTML / CSS.
- You’ll make sure Discovered is not behind on the latest trends.
- You’ll highlight great products on the homepage and in categories and make the marketplace as visual appealing as you can.
- You’ll make sure all products on the marketplace shine. This means they are in the right category, have great product titles, descriptions and images
How you are going to make this happen?
- You’ve an eye for great products and designs and know what fits Discovered.
- Because you are up-to-date with the latest (marketing) trends you know exactly what works.
What your day looks like
You start your day with a coffee and a chat with the rest of team. After browsing through the marketplace and analyzing our data in Google Analytics, you start brainstorming about improvements. Because we can’t do everything at once, you prioritize the improvements you came up with and discuss with our developer what is possible. Whatever can be done by yourself, you’ll start working on: showing off with your HTML / CSS skills. In the afternoon you decide to do some research to find out about the latest trends. Following those trends, you’ll give the homepage a new look.
Are we a perfect match?
You are results-oriented, creative and flexible. People describe you as entrepreneurial, an independent worker and someone who takes responsibility for your projects. Also…
- You believe in our mission to ‘create change by doing business’.
- You love to organize, planning is a piece of cake and are not afraid to take control.
- You are pro-active and have a ton of ideas based on how to improve our website.
- You have an eye for great products; you know what sells and what not.
- You either know or love to learn everything about data and are happy to with tools like Google Analytics and web optimization tools.
- Some HTML / CSS experience is a plus.
- You can talk and write non-stop in English.
- Discovered is the place to create positive impact with e-commerce. We think it doesn't get any cooler than that.
- We’re a start-up where you can shape your own future (and ours).
- We work with a small informal team and everyone is always open to help you when needed.
- All the room for you own initiatives.
- The chance to develop practical skills that you don't learn in school and will come in handy for your future career.
- Possibility to combine this with a graduation project.
- Compensation for travel expenses.
If you have a passion to build something remarkable by doing what you love and are looking to make a positive impact for people worldwide, then let’s have a drink! Send your CV and motivation on August 13, 2017 latest to email@example.com.