Internship: Social Media
Start date: As soon as possible
Period: 4-5 days a week for a period of at least 4 months
Location: The Hague - Caballero Fabriek
Closing date: August 13, 2017
As a social media intern you have a talent to create amazing content that will inspire people. You love to share the stories of the Discovered artisans with the rest of the world, and you know how to get people involved and how to let them share our stories. Through your approach, you’re able to let our Discovered community grow!
Natascha - Social Media Intern in 2017
“Working at Discovered has been an amazing and noteworthy experience, because of how much I learned. You have a lot of liberty to do what you believe in and pitch your own ideas, however if you need assistance the rest of the team is always ready help! By the end of the internship I was truly grateful for my colleagues, they are kind and loving individuals who want to help you grow and be the best that you can be.”
What you'll be doing
- You’ll try to understand our target audiences in the different social media channels, by analyzing data and doing research.
- You’re able to create brilliant concepts for social media campaigns (based on your research) and make everyone enthusiastic about our mission.
- You’ll create attention drawing posts and schedule them in.
- You’ll create content that inspires people to share and let our community grow.
- You like to improve our social media strategy by analyzing data in Google Analytics.
How you are going to make this happen?
- You don’t need to love data but your need to understand it (or learn to understand it) and translate it back to creative content.
- Because you are up-to-date with the latest trends you know exactly what to post and when.
What your day looks like
You start your day with a coffee and a chat with the rest of team. You’ll start of with your research on our target audience, trying to understand who our customers are. Based on your results you’ll think of a social media strategy that will let the Discovered community grow. Now it’s time to create a post that our followers will love! You’ll think of the right content, both textual and visual, and schedule the post. When it’s live you’ll keep track of the results in Google Analytics. This is a great way to understand the Discovered customer: what works and what can you improve in the next post?
Are we a perfect match?
You are results-oriented, creative and flexible. People describe you as entrepreneurial, an independent worker and someone who takes responsibility for your projects. Also…
- You believe in our mission to ‘create change by doing business’.
- You love to organize and planning is a piece of cake.
- You are creative and have a ton of ideas of how to create attention drawing and inspiring content.
- You either know or love to learn everything about data and are happy to with tools like Google Analytics.
- You can talk and write non-stop in English.
- Discovered is the place to create positive impact with e-commerce. We think it doesn't get any cooler than that.
- We’re a start-up where you can shape your own future (and ours).
- We work with a small informal team and everyone is always open to help you when needed.
- All the room for you own initiatives.
- The chance to develop practical skills that you don't learn in school and will come in handy for your future career.
- Possibility to combine this with a graduation project.
- Compensation for travel expenses.
If you have a passion to build something remarkable by doing what you love and are looking to make a positive impact for people worldwide, then let’s have a drink! Send your CV and motivation August 13, 2017 latest to email@example.com.