Start date: Anytime, 3-4 days a week for a period of at least 4 months.
You have a talent to work with people from various backgrounds and cultures. You find and onboard artisans and partners to the Discovered marketplace. You love working with them to open their stores and start selling. You and creative and think in opportunities. Of course you are online savvy and have experience with making a website or two ;).
What you say to your friends on birthdays
‘Did you see this (really fab product) from (a really distant country) on Discovered? It's awesome.’
What you really will be doing
- You research and select artisans & partners and support them to get started on the Discovered marketplace.
- You think of ways to reach potential sellers: online and offline (yes, we mean call & talk to them).
- You onboard selected sellers and support the in creating their online stores on Discovered.
- You help think of improvements on the marketplace to ensure we are as easy to use as possible for them.
- You support our communication activities for our seller community - perhaps write a blogpost or two?
How you are going to make this happen
- You are pro-active and love to reach out to people and make them happy.
- You have created websites and know how to use online tools to make live easier. Ideally, you know HTML and some php.
- Your attitude is: can be done and how can this be easier?
- By being part of a start-up: you shape our and your future.
What your day looks like
We start with our daily huddle to update the team. After this, you update the new seller requests.
Together with the Online Marketing Specialist you review the seller activation campaigns we are running to make these more relevant. You have some ideas on how to improve the Seller registration flow. You create a new A/B test in Optimizely to test your assumptions.
You review the stores and products added in progress. You launch several new stores and notify the marketplace team so they can start talking about these new sellers.
Are we a perfect match?
You are pragmatic, results-oriented, creative, and flexible. When asked, people describe you as entrepreneurial, an independent worker and someone who takes responsibility for your projects.
- You have the passion to combine commercial insights with social issues. You have a good eye for cool products that can be sold on Discovered.
- You are pragmatic, results-oriented, pro-active and flexible. People describe you as entrepreneurial, an independent worker and someone who takes responsibility for your projects. You have a strong ability to convince people and have negotiation and facilitation skills.
- You enjoy working in a small informal team.
- Ideally, you have travel or work experience and relevant contacts in the region you will be working for (Americas, Africa or Asia) and enjoy working with local artisans. You are culturally sensitive and know how to work with people online and long-distance.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English (all positions) and Spanish (for the Americas region).
- Discovered is an online marketplace: you must have online experience, created your own website or worked on websites for others. You are also cool with tools. From Analytics to Optimizely.
- Being part of an expanding, international network of interesting and highly motivated people with a passion for social innovation and entrepreneurship.
- All the room for you own initiatives.
- The chance to develop practical skills that you do not learn in school and will come in handy for your future career; including master classes.
- Possibility to combine this with a graduation project.
- Free biological lunch.
- Access to our awesome social drinks and events.
If you have a passion to build something remarkable by doing what you love and are looking to make a positive impact for people worldwide, then let’s have a drink! Send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.