Senior / Medior full stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Discovered offers creative artisans in emerging countries a platform to connect directly to global customers. By selling their handmade & unique products, they can grow their own businesses. We are a start-up based in The Hague, the Netherlands. We have a great team working from our office in The Hague. You will be based in Indonesia.
We are growing and are looking for a great (full stack) developer to join our team in the Caballero Fabriek in The Hague, the Netherlands. We currently have people working on front-end development, new feature development and improvements & maintenance.
Are you up for this challenge?
What you will be doing
You will get to:
- build things people love to use
- solve “impossible” problems
- collaborate and brainstorm
- create efficiency
- work with people who care
What you bring
- Bachelor degree (preferably in Computer Science or Software Engineering)
- Wealth of extensive experience (five or more years) as a software developer
- Experience designing and implementing scalable systems
- Self-direction, ambition, and an eagerness to learn new things
- Ability to take high-level project concepts and turn them into well thought out system designs
- Listens / curious / adaptable / collaborative
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced company with short release cycles
- Eager to have a high impact
- Are pragmatic and know how to ship high-value features quickly
- You are an extremely self-motivated person with an eye for automating humans out of most equations (thoughtfully, mind).
- Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude and willing to have fun while working
Tools and techniques we use:
- Ruby (on Rails)
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Digital Ocean
Moreover, the ideal candidate is fluent in English, can work independently and has a good sense of humour.
What we offer
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment;
- A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally;
- A job with purpose and societal impact;
- The opportunity to build social enterprises;
- Working with a small group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
How to apply
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to help bring our platform to the next level?
Please send your resume and short note explaining your interest firstname.lastname@example.org
We would appreciate it when you sending us a link to your Github-profile and earlier projects, so we can take a sneak peek before we call you. Please note that we are not interested in working with remote software development companies for this position!