Dwij Upcycled Duffel Weekender Bag
- Product Story
- Worldwide Shipping
- 60 Day Returns
- Certified by Discovered
“Ensuring longevity of the product is one of the cores focuses of dwij”
Duffel bags originated as a rug sack, in which military personnel could carry their essentials. They would often contain blankets rolls, which would naturally take the shape of a cylinder. The shape of a duffel bag is designed to carry more items in as less space as possible, with a zipper that running its length. This leads to an ‘open’ shape, which is the most important feature of a duffel bag and makes it adaptable to carry any bulky item. Today, duffel bags are an indispensable item of any travel kit, and also used as gym or athlete bag. When it is out of use, the bag can be rolled into a relatively smaller shape.
The material for this variety of bag largely comes from post-industrial denim, and also from post-consumer jeans too. The bag takes a very unique appearance with carefully chosen patches joined together, while at the same time ensuring that the bag retains its strength. To take care of the hygiene requirements, all the material that enters our workshop is industrially washed in a rigorous manner. In addition, our production process also ensures that the bag looks fresh and equivalent to a virgin product.
As always, we believe that longevity of the bag is of utmost importance. The stitching has been calibrated for providing extra strength. Thus, be rest assured that the bag can carry more weight, and can last longer than you imagine. Our duffel can truly be used in any manner that you may like!
Ideal usage: Gym, athlete, overnight travel
About your dwij bag:
· Each pair of jeans, consumes over 10,000 liters of water during growing cotton and during the manufacturing process, and also other resources including chemicals in abundance. Upcycling of this bag has resulted in indirect saving of all these resources.
· Each element has been carefully chosen to make your Bag really long lasting.
· High hygiene and washing standards are maintained while giving old denim a fresh new look
· Disclaimer: Every dwij Bag is unique! Thus, the bag delivered to you may have different shades of blue, however the pattern remains the same.
Dimensions: 18" (L) X 10" (H) X 9" (W)/ 45.72 cm (L) X 25.4 cm (H) X 22.86 (W)
Strap length: 26” / 66 cm
One zippered inner pocket in the main zippered compartment, one zippered pocket outside in the front, one zippered pocket outside in the side
General Cleaning and maintenance:
· Store your dwij bag in a dry place. Wipe it with a damp cloth for regular maintenance.
· Spills and stains must be cleaned immediately. Gentle hand wash using mild soap and cold water is recommended. Do not soak and air dry it in a shade.
· If the bag gets wet in rain or while cleaning, air dry it completely before using it to carry any papers/ tech gadget/ valuable accessory.
· A quick round of ironing can give it a brand-new appearance.
End of Life:
Once you feel the need to discard the bag due to any reason, we would be grateful if you could get in touch with us and ship it back to our workshop in India. We would ensure that all usable elements of the bag would be extracted, to give yet another life! And non-usable elements will be disposed of responsibly.
Our artisans process and ship orders from their country of origin (mostly India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia and Mexico). They ship to most countries worldwide. If you cannot order your item please contact our customer support.
All items are unique and handmade by skilled craftsmen. They take 2-3 weeks to arrive.
These times can differ based on order origin, destination and shipping provider. You can easily track your package here.
We offer 60 day returns. View our returns policy here.
We verify and certify every single one of our artisans and the products they sell. If you are not happy with the product you can get in touch with us and we will resolve it immediately.