Dwij Upcycled Bag, Chequered Tote
- Product Story
- Worldwide Shipping
- 60 Day Returns
- Certified by Discovered
“Your bag is a result of our continuous effort to adopt zero waste practices”
A patched design is one of the most classic designs of upcycled work. Though it may appear simple, it involves a lot of creativity and skill, to make sure that the color combinations are done in the right way. Depending on the color combinations, patchwork can produce one of the most elegant designs. This is the factor that excites us the most while making every single chequered tote.
The material for this bag comes from at least 8-10 different pairs of post-consumer jeans. The square shaped boxes originate from our zero waste practices i.e. this is the second smallest shape that can originate after the material for a few other designs have already been cut out from the jeans trouser. Once they are joined together through an elaborate stitching process, it is paired with a post-industrial lining material to provide a fresh look on the inside. The bag contains a top zip and two pockets on the inside too. To take care of the hygiene requirements, all the material that enters our workshop is industrially washed in a rigorous manner. In addition, our production process also ensures that the bag looks fresh and equivalent to a virgin product.
As always, we believe that longevity of the bag is of utmost importance. The zippers are sourced from YKK, while the stitching has been calibrated for providing extra strength. Thus, be rest assured that the bag can carry more weight, and can last longer than you imagine!
Ideal usage: As a tote for regular office, casual use or even for short travel purposes too.
About your dwij bag:
· Each pair of jeans, consumes over 10,000 liters of water during growing cotton and during the manufacturing process, and also other resources including chemicals in abundance. Upcycling of this bag has resulted in indirect saving of all these resources.
· YKK zips and runners are used to ensure strength and longevity of your bag. In addition, each element has been carefully chosen to make your Bag really long lasting.
· High hygiene and washing standards are maintained while giving old denim a fresh new look
· Disclaimer: Every dwij Bag is unique! Thus, the bag delivered to you may have different shades of blue, however the pattern remains the same.
Dimensions: 19" (L) X 16" (H) X 4" (W)/ 48.3 cm (L) X 46.4 cm (H) X 10.16 (W)
Strap length: 22” / 55.9 cm
One zippered and one open pocket in the main zippered compartment
General Cleaning and maintenance:
· Store your dwij bag in a dry place. Wipe it with a damp cloth for regular maintenance.
· Spills and stains must be cleaned immediately. Gentle hand wash using mild soap and cold water is recommended. Do not soak and air dry it in a shade.
· If the bag gets wet in rain or while cleaning, air dry it completely before using it to carry any papers/ tech gadget/ valuable accessory.
· A quick round of ironing can give it a brand-new appearance.
End of Life:
Once you feel the need to discard the bag due to any reason, we would be grateful if you could get in touch with us and ship it back to our workshop in India. We would ensure that all usable elements of the bag would be extracted, to give yet another life! And non-usable elements will be disposed of responsibly.
Our artisans process and ship orders from their country of origin (mostly India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia and Mexico). They ship to most countries worldwide. If you cannot order your item please contact our customer support.
All items are unique and handmade by skilled craftsmen. They take 2-3 weeks to arrive.
These times can differ based on order origin, destination and shipping provider. You can easily track your package here.
We offer 60 day returns. View our returns policy here.
We verify and certify every single one of our artisans and the products they sell. If you are not happy with the product you can get in touch with us and we will resolve it immediately.